Small Ways to Make a Big Impact When Building a Custom Home
Building a custom home is just that: custom! Which means you can do whatever you want to make it perfect for your family. The opportunities are endless, but here are some of our favorite ways to customize your brand new build or add to your current home while remodeling!
Upgrades for your New Home!
- Central Vacuum System. This may seem like an unnecessary luxury, but with small kids, pets, or even most adults, you won’t regret adding in a whole house vacuum system! In other countries, this has quickly become a standard in most houses, while in the United States, this little luxury is still pretty unknown! And even better? It’s not nearly as costly as you may think it is, especially if you add it in during the initial build!
- Storage under the stairs. This may seem a little Harry Potter, but the space under your stairs often goes unused despite countless ways to make it functional! Check out our blog, Unique Ways to Use Extra Space Under Your Stairs, for ideas on how to use this space!
- Add heated floors to bathrooms. Having to get out of bed in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom is bad enough, but having to step onto freezing cold tiles makes it so much worse. Adding in heated flooring is a surprisingly inexpensive way to make your bathroom just a little more spa-like!
- Smart Devices. This is an upgrade that can be done at any time but it is much easier to do during the building process! Adding in things like smart thermostats, lightswitches, and doorbells are a great way to increase the security and efficiency of your home! Ask our design team for ideas if you need help deciding what smart devices may be best for your family!
- Smart Lighting. This goes with smart devices, but we think it should be in a category of its own too! Adding in smart lights makes your life much simpler. Schedule lights to come on at a certain time or turn off basement lights while laying in bed when you forget! This is also great for home security if you travel often.
These are just a few small upgrades that can make your life so much simpler! And the best thing? They’re all pretty inexpensive in the grand scheme of things! Contact our design team today to add in some of these unexpected features to bring a little bit of luxury to your home!