- Organized Storage. If you need to use this space for storage, add in shelving and hanging options to keep it organized. We’ve all been there when we’re trying to find one specific box that we know we saw one specific item in three months ago. Make your life easy. Label boxes, use shelving, and keep things organized!
- Doggy Haven. Turning this space in to a designated spot for your pets is a great way to give them a safe place to play, eat, and sleep. Add in a “drawer” accessible from outside the room to make feeding a breeze while keeping food bowls away from snacky kids and out of sight!
- Pantry. Adding in shelves can take under your stairs from wasted space to a small pantry! If you need extra storage in your kitchen for things like extra food or even small appliances, this is a great way to utilize all the space you have available!
- A hideout for kids! Add a drawing table, bookshelf, and comfy pillows and you have a great space to get your kids toys out of your living room while your kids think they’re just getting an exciting hideaway!
- Bookshelf. Building built-in shelving not only gives you valuable storage space, it also can be very aesthetic as well! Shelving is for more than just storage, with proper decorations and props, you can turn an eyesore into a statement piece!
- Wine Storage. With a few modifications, you can turn under your stairs into a proper wine cellar! This can be as easy as installing a prefabricated wine case, or having a customized wine cellar built!
- Desk Space. In current times of pandemics and remote working, home office space is so important! If you lack the space for a full office, using this unused space for a work or homework space is perfect! Add in a desk, a little storage, and better lighting and you have a perfect little office setup!
- Powder room! Every home could use an extra bathroom! There are plenty of compact toilet and sink set ups that are perfect for small spaces like this!
Using every square foot of your new home is so important, and the best part of a custom home built by Bower Design and Construction is that your options are endless! If you could make your home perfect, what would you add? Stop envisioning and dreaming and contact our design team today to get started on your very own custom home build!